Pages

July 12, 2010

Dhoom is nothing without Jai and Ali, says Abhishek


Abhishek Bachchan has confirmed that Dhoom 3 is in the works and he will reprise his role in the franchise.

"Dhoom 3 is being scripted. Dhoom is nothing without Uday and my character. We are the backbone of the film," he adds. Abhishek plays ACP Jai Dixit while Uday essays the role of Ali Akbar Fateh Khan in the first two installments of the Dhoom franchise.


Abhishek, who will also be seen in the sequel to Dostana, said he was initially against doing it. "I couldn't see how Tarun Mansukhani could make it funnier. But he said, 'Let me write the script. You'll be the first person I'd narrate it to. If you don't like it, then I'd throw it away.' Believe me, Dostana 2 would be twice as funny as Dostana," says Abhishek.

The actor has just returned from Greece, where he was shooting for Abhinay Deo's Game. The action scenes in Game were the opposite of the ones in Raavan. While Abhishek's character had to survive on his instincts in the jungles in Raavan, he has performed some slick action stunts for Game.

After shooting for Mani Ratnam's Raavan, Ashutosh Gowariker's Khelenge Hum Jee Jaan Se and Game, which are all action movies, Abhishek has now taken a concious decision to move away from the gruelling back-breaking action for a while.

Moreover, he has signed two comedies to be directed by Anees Bazmi and Vipul Shah.

So is he deliberately phasing out his career from project to project, genre to genre?

Protests Abhishek, "I'm not a calculating actor. I don't choose the genres, rather the genres choose me. I follow my heart."

He adds, "I am impatient. I like to do a lot of work. I'm happy with the zest with which I work. If tomorrow I want to do only one film a year, I'll do that. Right now, I'm enjoying being a prolific actor. How many actors can claim to have done two films as diverse as Paa and Raavan one after another?"

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2010/jul/120710-abhishek-bachchan-dhoom-3.htm