Pages

June 2, 2010

I want to be loved: Katrina





Katrina Kaif, dressed in a short black dress, cuddles up to myriad coloured cushions in her favourite corner in her home. As sunbeams light up her laptop, a script, cough medicine (she has this hacking cough and congestion) she is at her sunny best, smiling often as she gets introspective on love, lovers and relationships

• Are you single?

(Laughs) Laying no claim to being original I will repeat a statement that somebody came up with, which I believe in: You are single till you are married. I have seen a lot of relationships that are very transient. So till you take that vow, which in my belief should not be broken, you are single. I refuse to clarify anything, this is the way I have always been.

• Does this not amount to denying the person you are with?

That could have happened two or three years ago when the person I was with was far more successful than me. People could have misinterpreted my accepting or denying him then. I am not saying that I am right and somebody who talks openly about his/her relationship is wrong. Maybe if and when the time is right, I may say something. But perhaps the time is not right, right now.

More