Pages

March 27, 2010

Hrithik Roshan makes singing debut with Kites



Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan makes his debut as a singer in his much-awaited film "Kites", for which he rehearsed 24/7 -- be it while brushing his teeth or taking a shower.
"Early in the morning, I would start with my sa re ga ma... right from the time I would wake up to brushing my teeth to taking the shower, all the time I sang with hand movements trying to reach the highest scale and the lowest note," Hrithik said.
The song "Kites in the sky" is in English and will be launched on national television along with behind-the-scenes footage March 29 at 9.30 p.m.
"I was nervous to make my debut as a singer, considering I come from a family that is well known in the world of music, but for this very reason my chacha (Rajesh Roshan) and director Anurag Basu were most certain that I could sing," Hrithik said.
"My niece has learnt piano and she has this little Casio player which I borrowed. And I have the knack of finding any tune on any instrument. So I practiced on that for a week. Then I realized that it won't work like that and I got a professional trainer.
"I have given this song my best and honest shot but I still don't consider myself a professional singer," the 36-year-old said.

Read more from HERE

2 comments:

Pardesi said...

Hmm - music does run in the family, just like Neil Mukesh. Looking forward to hearing the song.

ApexHeights said...

Neil's singing was terrible on Farah Khan's show Tere Mere Beech Mein. Until now only sanju and aamir have made some sort of a impact.

Hritik has a very poor voice which gets amplified due to equally bad dialogue delivery.

It would be interesting to hear what kind of song he is singing. Also in this digitalised age of recordings it would be hard to judge his singing credentials.

Post a Comment