Pages

January 6, 2010

My next movie has to be a lighter affair: Karan Johar



Director Karan Johar wants to go back to "song and dance" movies after My Name Is Khan, which is about the journey of an unusual couple living in the US, post-9/11 terrorist attacks.

"I have given my three years, heart, soul and body to My Name Is Khan. Now I would love to get back to songs and dances. I guess it's the need of the hour for me," said Karan who is known for making light romances such as Kuch Kuch Hota Hai andKabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.

"Making a film is all about the state of mind - three years back I felt that I had to tell the story of My Name Is Khan. Perhaps after making my 'song and dance' film, I would be fed up again and make something else thereafter. However, as of now I am very clear that my next movie has to be a lighter affair," he said.

Talking about the trigger point that led to conceptualising My Name Is Khan, he said: "It was basically a film that needed to be addressed. I had certain feelings and wanted them to be translated for screen. Moreover, this idea also required me to get out of my safety zone."

Releasing February 12, My Name Is Khan stars Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol and Karan worked with writer Shibani Bathija on the movie. He did a lot of research work for the movie.

"More than just the visual presentation on screen, what was of pertinent importance was the fact that My Name Is Khan required a lot of external research. All this while it was about my own world with which I was comfortable but here I was looking at certain perceptions which are a global phenomenon."

It has been reported that My Name Is Khan is picking upon the issues and challenges faced by Muslims globally and aims at addressing them through the medium of cinema.

"Please let me set the record straight that My Name Is Khan is not an issue- based film. Instead it's a human drama about a couple. The film will make you smile and result in tears in your eyes.

"At the end of it all, it's a human film with emotions that are universal. It's a film which connects with you. But I'm not taking forward the baton of an issue. Instead I am just using it as a part of the narrative."

Read the rest HERE.



3 comments:

MyNaMeIsUMAR said...

KKR coaches Akram, Whatmore gear up for IPL

Press Trust Of India

Posted on Jan 07, 2010 at 01:18

KKR coaches Akram, Whatmore gear up for Kolkata:

Pakistani great Wasim Akram, who has been appointed as bowling consultant of Kolkata Knight Riders, will arrive on Thursday to conduct a two-week conditioning camp beginning on January 8.


According to the sources in KKR, the camp will also be attended by coach Dav Whatmore and captain Sourav Ganguly.


"We are trying to get most of our players and some foreign players if possible. In the first phase, the camp will be held in CC and FC ground while in the latter stages it will be shifted to Eden Gardens," said a KKR official.




With most of KKR's India recruits free from any domestic committment at this period, the camp is likely to be full strength.


The former Pakistan speedster had in October last year conducted a training camp for KKR players in Gurgaon.


http://cricketnext.in.com/news/kkr-c.../46229-13.html

MyNaMeIsUMAR said...

Sorry wrong post......wanted to post somewhere else

Caulfield said...

x-(

Now I hope KJo goes to Ranbir. Light Hearted film with songs and dances. SRK - Bhaago!!!!!

Post a Comment