Pages

December 30, 2009

Reema Lagoo excited about playing a Muslim


She has played various roles in her three-decade-long career, but never a Muslim woman. Now Reema Lagoo has got a chance to do it in her yet-to-be-titled film and says she is excited about it.

"I'm playing a Muslim character for the first time in my career in a film being directed by Rahul Kapoor. The movie is based in Lucknow and Dubai. It is about a boy and his mother," Reema, who is making her small screen comeback with NDTV Imagine's "Do Hanson Ka Jodaa", said in an interview.

"The film shows how the son goes to Dubai, gets into wrong company and with what difficulty his mother brings him back. I've never played a Muslim character even in my theatre career. The entire get-up of my character is different; I had to wear Punjabi style salwar kurta and I even had to speak in Urdu," she added.

According to the 51-year-old actress, the movie also features Aftab Shivdasani, Gauri Karnik and Rituparna Sengupta.

Read more from HERE